Re: mutt writes Fcc: even if the MTA fails to deliver

On 2004-08-12 00:17:54 +0200, Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:
> My concern is, that mutt should only try to send the mail _after_
> it's sure it is stored in the fcc.

I completely agree (it could be a partition full, some NFS or
locking problem or whatever).

I also agree that the return value of the MTA is not completely
meaningful (it may be 0 -- no error -- though the mail will not
be delivered). So, there's no reason to rely on it for Fcc.

What could be done is an option to avoid duplicates in the Fcc
folder (and possibly any other folder). BTW, can one fcc to a
pipe (e.g. to pipe to procmail, which can eliminate duplicates)?

100% validated (X)HTML - Acorn / RISC OS / ARM, free software, YP17,
Championnat International des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, etc.