Re: mutt writes Fcc: even if the MTA fails to deliver

* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx> [2004:08:11:22:23:20+0200]
scribed:
> Am 2004-08-11 21:45:39, schrieb Thomas Roessler:
> > On 2004-08-11 21:42:03 +0200, Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:
> >
> > > Please don't change this. I really want to keep a local copy, so
> > > if writing the copy fails, mutt should not send the message. And
> > > I think of problems like disc full, power outage,... which can't
> > > be detected before writing the message.
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> I do not agree, because if my MTA fails to deliver and I must try it
> several times I must delete ten or  more copies in the SEND boxes...

How often does this happen?  What is the purpose of FCC?  Why should
mutt -- by definition an MUA -- be held responsible for your, or
somebody else's, MTA?

> Already tried to open a mailbox of 10.000 or more messages several
> times a day ?

What does this have to do with your FCC issue?  Is it possible to
archive older FCC'd messages?

> Mutt must detect minimal, that it has already written a Fcc and not
> write a second or tenst...

Perhaps, for you.  IMHO, I want my Sent folder to be a complete history
of every message I sent -- and tried to send.  Then, each month, I
archive older historical messages to archive directories.

But, that's just me ;>

--
Best Regards,

mds