Re: mutt writes Fcc: even if the MTA fails to deliver

* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-11 22:23 +0200]:
> Am 2004-08-11 21:45:39, schrieb Thomas Roessler:
> > On 2004-08-11 21:42:03 +0200, Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:
> >
> > > Please don't change this. I really want to keep a local copy, so
> > > if writing the copy fails, mutt should not send the message. And
> > > I think of problems like disc full, power outage,... which can't
> > > be detected before writing the message.
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> I do not agree, because if my MTA fails to deliver and I must try it
> several times I must delete ten or  more copies in the SEND boxes...

I think you should use a better MTA. One which does queuing, for
example.

If my MTA fails to take the mail from mutt, it's (almost) always a
permanent error.

> Already tried to open a mailbox of 10.000 or more messages several
> times a day ?

Yes, no problem. But you don't want to tell us, that you retry mail
submission that often.

Nicolas