Re: mutt writes Fcc: even if the MTA fails to deliver

Am 2004-08-11 15:50:01, schrieb Michael D Schleif:
> * Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx> [2004:08:11:22:23:20+0200]
> scribed:

> > I do not agree, because if my MTA fails to deliver and I must try it
> > several times I must delete ten or  more copies in the SEND boxes...
>
> How often does this happen?  What is the purpose of FCC?  Why should
> mutt -- by definition an MUA -- be held responsible for your, or
> somebody else's, MTA?

If the providers smtp-relay is busy you may have problems...
Because for each failur you get a Fcc in your SEND-Box.

> > Already tried to open a mailbox of 10.000 or more messages several
> > times a day ?
>
> What does this have to do with your FCC issue?  Is it possible to
> archive older FCC'd messages?

It is my archiv and it is stored in a postgresql database !!!
Curently around 5,1 Million Messages.

I do not like to pick-up all double messages because a Bug in mutt

> > Mutt must detect minimal, that it has already written a Fcc and not
> > write a second or tenst...
>
> Perhaps, for you.  IMHO, I want my Sent folder to be a complete history
> of every message I sent -- and tried to send.  Then, each month, I
> archive older historical messages to archive directories.

With all doubles ?
Then I have more then 30.000 Messages in my archive.

> But, that's just me ;>

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi