Re: mutt writes Fcc: even if the MTA fails to deliver

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:01:55PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Michelle Konzack, and lo! it spake thus:

> If the providers smtp-relay is busy you may have problems...
> Because for each failur you get a Fcc in your SEND-Box.

Now, wait a minute...

If your $sendmail is failing often enough that you've got a large
number of doubles, then THAT'S the problem to be fixed.

If you're getting bounce messages from a SMTP server somewhere along
the line, that happens long AFTER the message is sent from mutt, so
mutt can't really know anything about it anyway, unless you want to
write code to parse all the various formats of bounce messages (which
you don't).

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx