Re: mailcap problems

Try the following:

image/jpeg; eog %s; test=test -n "$DISPLAY";

make sure you also have the MIME type defined in your mime type file.
e.g. from /usr/local/etc/mime.types

image/jpeg  jpe jpeg jpg

 - aW

        0n Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 09:59:26AM -0400, Jessica Perry Hekman wrote:

        I am in the process of switching to mutt from pine. I'm having trouble
        viewing jpeg attachments; when I try, mutt complains

         mailcap entry for type image/jpeg not found

        In my /etc/mailcap file I see:

         image/*; eog %s

        and in my .muttrc, just to make things really clear, I added

         set mailcap_path=/etc/mailcap

        and then I also tried

         set mailcap_path=~/.mutt_mailcap

        and copied the contents of /etc/mailcap there. None of these things
        worked; the error message didn't change.

        I've done web searches, and found people with similar complaints, but
        their issues all seemed to end up being somewhat different (problems
with
        mutt interfacing with pdf readers and like that).

        Can anyone help me? (Fedora Core 1, mutt 1.4.1i.)