Re: Pager view and PGP

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 10:46:12AM +0100, Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 04:29:35AM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> > > In my /etc/Muttrc, I found
> > > set pgp_good_sign="^\\[GNUPG:\\] GOODSIG"
> >
> > Um, whatever ... beats me. . .
>
> Ask the Debian developpers why they choose this one. ;-)

If chatting with Debian packagers gives you a woody, by all means do it.
I prefer to just DL the source and build it myself.  I haven't used a
Slackware package since the 1.2.something-or-other that came with my
Slackware 7.1 way back when, and I've never touched a Mutt DEB.

> > > I ask myself if I should file a flea?
> >
> > I don't.  Mutt isn't interpreting pgp_good_sign here, AFAICT.  I just
> > looked at the docs, and I wonder whether pgp_good_sign is consulted
> > only if the return value is zero.  I'm gonna try tweaking my gpg.mutt
> > script to always return true, and I'll followup here in a few minutes.
> > I'll sleep later, I guess. . .
>
> I tried before, changing pgp_good_sign to nonsense: After this, an
> uppercase "S" did never occur, with neither of both mails, so it seems
> mutt is interpreting pgp_good_sign.

Yeah, that'd be a safe assumption, but my gpg.mutt hack proves it once
and for all (see my followup, which sure enough came a few minutes later).

> So, I'll wait until you have investigated a little bit.

I guess I should be expecting to hear from you within a short moment,
so. . .

> Ah, and before I forget it: Good night. ;-)

...I'm not gonna go to sleep quite yet ;-)

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel