Re: Pager view and PGP

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 10:09:37AM +0100, Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 03:16:41AM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> > I haven't looked at your online mbox, but what I can say is that if you
> > try to verify a message that was mangled by an MTA in transit (which
> [...]
> > the beginning of a line being turned into ">From"), GPG will fail to
> > verify it.
>
> But this specific one verifies as good. Especially, I cannot see any
> difference in the GPG output from either of the mails.

Curiosity overwhelming me, I decided to look at your mbox, 0430 and all. . .

Sure enough, GPG thinks they're both good, but Mutt screws up
interpreting GPG's response, even with my pgp_good_sign config.  Man,
that's annoying :-(

> > Another thing I've noticed is that GPG's exit code is totally useless
> > in trying to figure out whether or not verification succeeded.  I use
> > pgp_good_sign="correct" (dunno what it is for English off-hand), and
> > that's the only reliable method I've found.
>
> In my /etc/Muttrc, I found
> set pgp_good_sign="^\\[GNUPG:\\] GOODSIG"

Um, whatever ... beats me. . .

> But even changing my pgp_good_sign to your version (translating from
> "correct" to "Korrekte") does not help here.

My pgp_good_sign doesn't work here, either, and mine I already know
works for just about everything else I've ever come across.  I don't
know what's wrong, but GPG doesn't either, so I'm in good company.

> I ask myself if I should file a flea?

I don't.  Mutt isn't interpreting pgp_good_sign here, AFAICT.  I just
looked at the docs, and I wonder whether pgp_good_sign is consulted
only if the return value is zero.  I'm gonna try tweaking my gpg.mutt
script to always return true, and I'll followup here in a few minutes.
I'll sleep later, I guess. . .

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel