Re: Reconnecting to imap folders

On Wed, Dec 10 2003 at 07:10:48AM BRST, David Yitzchak Cohen
<lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was able to find the page with your config files (although the configs
> don't appear to be there), but I can't find any mention of your patches
> (except doing a search through my mutt-dev archives).

        So it was you in my logs. I hadn't seen anyone use w3m in a while :)

> Just out of
> curiosity, why don't you maintain a page with your patches?

        No reason, really. I just haven't got around to it yet (same reason
why there's nothing in my mutt config page). I hope some time next week I'll
have time to clean my mutt config files, put them online and hopefully also
add my patches (actually, there's only one I'd put online for now, but
that's a start).

> If you don't want to, I can host them on my own Web.

        I really appreciate that, but I'll put the patches (along with my
configuration files) somewhere at isnomore.net . I've intended to do it for
a while now, only never had the time...

        But, again, thanks a lot. If for some reason I can't put them there
(traffic, perhaps, isnomore.net is hanging from a DSL line), I'll let you
know and ask for your help :)

>  (If people can find your
> patches, more will use 'em.  If more use 'em, more will propose that
> they be incorperated officially.)

        True :)

> >         Especially with that in mind, I'd much rather have a 3rd party patch
> > than a workaround.
>
> I tend to like doing my own thing, so I prefer to make my own utilities
> than to patch others' programs.

(...)

> Having said that, I have nothing against others' patches.

        True, it's a matter of convenience to each one. Of course, having
written a patch I use mysef, I tend to like "the patch way". But mine is a
hybrid, actually :)

> > > Ah, that'd be nice - somebody with the energy to fix some IMAP issues
> > > (hint: look at all the bugs involving IMAP). . .
> >
> >         Hey, let's not jump into conclusions :)
> >
> >         I'll take a look at the code, though, and see if there's anything I
> > can do. Once I'm sufficiently familiar with it, maybe I'll go through the
> > bug reports :)
>
> Hmm ... okay, that's all I can ask for, as long as I don't jump into
> the code myself ;-)

        :)

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

So cold... Can't move... Can't feel... Can't make complete sentences...
          -- Humphrey, "Cannibal the Musical"