Re: Reconnecting to imap folders

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 08:04:35AM -0200, Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10 2003 at 07:10:48AM BRST, David Yitzchak Cohen
> <lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I was able to find the page with your config files (although the configs
> > don't appear to be there), but I can't find any mention of your patches
> > (except doing a search through my mutt-dev archives).
>
>         So it was you in my logs. I hadn't seen anyone use w3m in a while :)

Yeah, w3m apparently doesn't support the latest web standards.
Unfortunately, none of the console-based browsers support anything recent.
w3m is the most flexible console-based web browser I've been able to
find, though, so it's what I use.  Either way, your Web looks perfectly
fine in w3m (as is the case with most web pages that claim I need a
browser upgrade).

> > Just out of
> > curiosity, why don't you maintain a page with your patches?
>
>         No reason, really. I just haven't got around to it yet (same reason
> why there's nothing in my mutt config page). I hope some time next week I'll
> have time to clean my mutt config files, put them online and hopefully also
> add my patches (actually, there's only one I'd put online for now, but
> that's a start).

Why don't you autogenerate a bigfatdiff (like I do with my Sparc kernel)
containing all your changes?  Then, you can generate individual patches
for things you feel like making separate patches for, but anybody who
just wants whatever Mutt you have can simply download your bigfatdiff
and apply it.

> > If you don't want to, I can host them on my own Web.
>
>         I really appreciate that, but I'll put the patches (along with my
> configuration files) somewhere at isnomore.net . I've intended to do it for
> a while now, only never had the time...

I have the time to put them up along with explanations of what each does.

I also have the time to put your configs up.  (I probably have the time
to clean up the comments, too, even though my Portuguese sucks.)

>         But, again, thanks a lot. If for some reason I can't put them there
> (traffic, perhaps, isnomore.net is hanging from a DSL line), I'll let you
> know and ask for your help :)

bigfatdave.com is hanging from a Cable line, but OOL's Cable beats every
T1 I've ever met, upstream or downstream :-)

> > Having said that, I have nothing against others' patches.
>
>         True, it's a matter of convenience to each one. Of course, having
> written a patch I use mysef, I tend to like "the patch way". But mine is a
> hybrid, actually :)

In the particular case of forgetting incorrect passphrases, I've already
commented in mutt-dev that I see no reason not to apply that patch
officially.  If you ask me, the current behavior is silly, and even
used to be a tad annoying when I would telnet in from QWERTY computers
before I got my portable server-side Dvorak remapping [1] setup.  (Now,
I get a fake Dvorak keyboard even logging in from a QWERTY computer.)
It's an example of something where an external workaround is a lot
more complex than simply fixing the silly program, so clearly patching
Mutt makes more sense.  For most other things, I tend to find external
scripts/programs plus neat RC magic (often autogenerated) to be a lot
more powerful than anything that could reasonably be integrated into
Mutt.  You see, what I liked so much about ELM was its modular nature.
It's the single ELM feature that I still sorely miss in Mutt every day.
My config attempts to restore a little bit of that.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel