Re: Reconnecting to imap folders

On Tue, Dec 09 2003 at 05:11:26AM BRST, David Yitzchak Cohen
<lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 05:03:09PM -0200, Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel wrote:

> >         After some time using them, I noticed that, if I lose connection to
> > any of them (for whatever reason), telling mutt to access
> > "imaps://server/INBOX" doesn't force a reconnection, mutt instead shows me
> > "no mailbox" and leaves it at that. No matter how many times I change
> > folders and return to imaps://... , I still get "no mailbox", mutt doesn't
> > even try to reconnect.
> >
> >         I couldn't find a way to force reconnection, except leaving mutt
> > and entering it again. Am I missing something?
>
> I wonder whether an easy way to sidestep the problem is to set $tunnel
> to an IMAP proxy on the local machine that'll automatically reconnect
> when the connection's lost. . .

        It could work, yes. But that's not really a solution, as you waid
it's a workaround.

        I'll try to take a look at mutt's code when I have some more time,
in a week or so.

> > How is computer equipment different in England? They use a Double Decker
> > Bus!
> > Wocka wocka wocka!
> >           -- Fozzie Bear
>
> LOL ... I don't suppose they were behind DEC's EV1 bus, were they?

        Who knows? :)

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

What sad times are these when passing ruffians
can say "Ni!" at will to old ladies...