Re: It beeps at me now.

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 04:17:08AM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> Wow ... it's nice to see someone switching _to_ Slackware, for a change ;-)

Really? I don't know why. Slackware seems so much more "Linux" and less
"distro" than anything else I've seen. It kinda reminds me of Mutt:
simple at first sight (most people are turned off by Mutt being "only" a
text e-mail client, etc.) but highly configurable and therefore powerful
after you open the hood. It's kinda like having and tinkering with a '68
Camaro after you've had the latest model whatever. The latest model
whatever has tons of bells and whistles, but just open the hood and try
to work on it. Too much. But, with a '68 Camaro, you still have a car to
get you from point A to point B, it has MUCH more personality than a
latest model whatever, and when you open the hood, sure it's
complicated, but it's also at the same time simple because you can see a
part and know just what it does. I have Slackware running now on my
server and my desktop. The swapping of distros on the desktop, though,
is just getting to be too much. All my configs and stuff, getting
everything set back up... I'm going buggy.

> Another way of getting rid of the beep for all users on your system is
> to edit the biff/comsat service (512/udp) out of your /etc/inetd.conf.

Thanks for the help.  :-)

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux