Re: It beeps at me now.

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 11:38:48PM -0600, Greg Kedrovsky wrote:

> Hey, all. I just spent the day swapping out distros and getting my
> configs all back in order. I wanted to get RedHat off my machine and
> start in with something different - Slackware 9.1.

Wow ... it's nice to see someone switching _to_ Slackware, for a change ;-)

> But, now when I have mutt up and running, when fetchmail grabs new
> messages and puts them in my /var/spool/mail/greg file, my pc speaker
> beeps at me. Annoying. It didn't used to do that.

As you pointed out, it's your biff giving you a bleepin' concert ;-)

> Any ideas?

Another way of getting rid of the beep for all users on your system is
to edit the biff/comsat service (512/udp) out of your /etc/inetd.conf.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel