Re: Cycling through folders

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 12:43:12AM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:33:48AM +0900, henry nelson wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 11:13:02PM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> > > 'c' is bound to change-folder by default, right?  When I use that
> > > function in the index, the very first thing that happens is it gives
> > > me a prompt on the bottom line "Open mailbox ('?' for list):"...  No
> > > listing is displayed until I type something further.  For either a
> > Just checking to be sure I understand: IF there is still an unopened
> > mailbox in your $folder, one of those is displayed after the prompt, and
> > you only need to hit [Enter] if you want to open that mailbox, correct?
>
> Hm.. In my case there never seems to be anything but a single blank
> space after the "Open mailbox ...:" prompt.  I think there is a

Hmmm.. :) In my case, it works great _once_ through the cycle of nine boxes
I have defined in "mailboxes".  If I press 'c' it will give me another choice
of mailbox after the "Open mailbox ...:" prompt.  However, once I've read all
the boxes, then even if new mail has come into one of them, the "Open mailbox
...:" prompt is empty.  Thus, I have to press '?' if I want to make a final
check that all of the boxes are empty.  (What I hadn't read in the manual was
about the use of [Tab] to list only $mailboxes.  For my style of reading mail,
'?' => [Tab] may work out the best, but I'm giving your 'C' macro serious
consideration.)

> prompt.  My best advice is to experiment and keep the manual handy.
The manual's good, but experimentation is what gets the job done for me.

h.