Cycling through folders

I could sure use some help on this one.

Procmail delivers mail to various folders:
IN.mutt, IN.postfix and so on

After some reading, I discovered that you can
define the order that mailboxes are read in. So
I did this in .muttrc

mailboxes =+Maildir =+IN.mutt =+IN.postfix

Maildir being the main mailbox/directory/whatever because Courier IMAP
is set up and mailbox format is "Maildir" so in my $HOME lives a
subdirectory "Maildir"

BUT there appears to be some unexpected behavior.
I can't cycle through those mailboxes using the space bar (or any
other way either apparently) unless I invoke "c" then "?" then
navigate to the mailbox in question.

What am I doing wrong????
Advice and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Colin