Re: set editor, switching from vim to emacs

At  9:50 PM PST on November 17 Allister MacLeod sent off:
> GNU Emacs
> comes with the -nw switch, which I use to have emacs use the same
> xterm as mutt.  Perhaps my confusion springs from my unfamiliarity
> with *client wrt emacs.

emacsclient filename

puts "filename" in a buffer on an already running emacs.

On one hand, you have less time to gleefully jump up and down while
anticipating the start of emacs, but on the other hand you have all of your
buffers in the same instance of emacs.

gnuclient accepts more command line arguments than emacsclient, but last I
checked (not recently) its authentication method was flimsy.