Re: Cycling through folders

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 11:13:02PM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> 'c' is bound to change-folder by default, right?  When I use that
> function in the index, the very first thing that happens is it gives
> me a prompt on the bottom line "Open mailbox ('?' for list):"...  No
> listing is displayed until I type something further.  For either a

Just checking to be sure I understand: IF there is still an unopened
mailbox in your $folder, one of those is displayed after the prompt, and
you only need to hit [Enter] if you want to open that mailbox, correct?

> 'mailboxes' command..  possibly a very much larger superset.  To get
> the listing of those mailboxes, I must hit <tab> after the '?', or
> double <tab>.  My solution is:
>  macro index C "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"

Thanks much.  This appears to be what I've been looking for.

> As far as I know (as augmented by a grep of the manual) there is no
> setting that makes "<change-folder>?" show the "mailboxes to watch for
> new mail" by default.

I also came to this conclusion.  Thanks for making that search through
the manual.

--
henry nelson