Re: Cycling through folders

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 10:20:53PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> The listing you first see after '"c"hange directory' is a list of the
> directories you have listed as "mailboxes to watch for new mail" in
> your .muttrc, ie:

'c' is bound to change-folder by default, right?  When I use that
function in the index, the very first thing that happens is it gives
me a prompt on the bottom line "Open mailbox ('?' for list):"...  No
listing is displayed until I type something further.  For either a
single '?' or a single <tab>, I get a list of all mailboxes in my
$folder, i.e. the equivalent of 'ls $MAIL'.  This, as Colin pointed
out, is a superset of the set of mailboxes specified by the
'mailboxes' command..  possibly a very much larger superset.  To get
the listing of those mailboxes, I must hit <tab> after the '?', or
double <tab>.  My solution is:
 macro index C "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"

As far as I know (as augmented by a grep of the manual) there is no
setting that makes "<change-folder>?" show the "mailboxes to watch for
new mail" by default.

Just another note, regarding my scan of the manual..  Is it
intentional that <toggle-mailboxes> and <check-new> are both bound to
<TAB> in the browser keymap by default?  It would seem that the former
clobbers the latter.

Arivederci,
 Allister

--