Re: signature separator [was: Re: w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312]

On 2005-07-27, Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 27 at 11:42 AM, quoth Alain Bench:
> >> --
> >
> >    Broken sig separator: Put a space as third character.
>
> Can you think of a better way of avoiding having vim screw with your
> signature when using format-flowed autoformatting (set fo+=aw)? In my
> experience, the space as the third character turns it into
> just-another-paragraph-to-be-reformatted all too often.

Better than what?

For a while I used a pair of mappings that turned format-flowed
formatting on and off, but then someone suggested using an
autocommand and the CursorHold event to call a function that would
recognize where the cursor is (in the header, in the body, or in the
signature) and set format-flowed formatting on or off as
appropriate.  I wrote one and it's really nice.  It still doesn't
solve the problem, though, where reformatting or deleting the last
paragraph of the body causes the signature to be reformatted.  It
also doesn't solve the signature-reformatting problem if you just
type the signature rather than edit an already-appended signature.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division