Re: w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312

 On Monday, July 25, 2005 at 10:20:22 PM +0800, phyrster wrote:

> On 15:48 Sat 23 Jul     , Alain Bench wrote:
>> for w3m, -I overrides meta charset, right?

    I searched the manual <URL:http://w3m.sourceforge.net/MANUAL>, no
infos on -I, -O, nor meta. What version of w3m are you using?

> Is meta embedded in html pages

    Yes, like that:

>>| test=test %{charset} = us-ascii
> What's this 'test' for? To test what? Why it equals us-ascii?

    If the MIME charset label is "us-ascii", then use this mailcap
entry. Otherwise use the second entry.

> does %{charset} mean that mutt will parse html page's charset and them
> send it to w3m?

    No. Mutt will give the MIME charset label to w3m.

>>| nametemplate=%s.html
> what does this line for?

    It forces the name of the temporary file Mutt gives to w3m to have
an .html extension.

    Press <F1> key for more info, chapter 5.3: « MIME Viewer
configuration with mailcap ».

> the part in From: remains unaffected. How to set encoding for From: as
> well?

    It depends. Provide us the problem mail, copied to a temporary mbox,
gzipped, and attached, please.

>--

    Broken sig separator: Put a space as third character.

Bye!    Alain.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?