w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312

Hi,

I am using mutt 1.5.9i in a debian sarge system.
My locale: is en_US.UTF-8.

When I receive html messages with charset:gb2312, the body of the message can
not be correctly displayed. All chinese words appear garbled. The message
subject and English words, though, are shown correctly.

Here is my configuration of .mailcap:

text/html; w3m -T text/html -dump %s; copiousoutput

I also tried this line:

text/html; w3m -T text/html -O utf-8 -dump %s; copiousoutput

Still no avail.

Then I turned to lynx and added this line to mailcap:

text/html; lynx --dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput

This time the messages are not garbled but turned into something like:

\234\341\5\233

Could any multi-lingual users tell me how to fix this?

regards,

bxuef