Re: w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312

Hello Gary,

 On Thursday, July 21, 2005 at 1:52:11 PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:

> On 2005-07-21, Alain Bench <messtic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> problem is when html doesn't contain meta tags telling its charset,
>> when the only indication is the MIME container. Mutt doesn't pass
>> this info to the external viewer. Perhaps it should.
> it already does, or can.

    Brilliant, Gary! Much thanks, it works. This good old Mutt keeps
surprising me, I love it. :-) Bxuefeng: Try this entry in mailcap:

| text/html ;\
|       w3m -T text/html -I %{charset} -dump %s ;\
|       nametemplate=%s.html ;\
|       copiousoutput

    I don't know w3m nor -I behaviour, so you'll have to check:

 · What happens when there is no charset parameter in Content-Type.

 · Who wins if MIME says charset A but meta-tags say charset B.

    If no charset is a problem, there should be a way to correct it with
a second entry with test. Feedback please.

Bye!    Alain.
--
Give your computer's unused idle processor cycles to a scientific goal:
The Folding@home project at <URL:http://folding.stanford.edu/>.