Re: w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312

On 14:34 Fri 22 Jul     , Alain Bench wrote:

>     Brilliant, Gary! Much thanks, it works. This good old Mutt keeps
> surprising me, I love it. :-) Bxuefeng: Try this entry in mailcap:
>
> | text/html ;\
> |     w3m -T text/html -I %{charset} -dump %s ;\
> |     nametemplate=%s.html ;\
> |     copiousoutput
>
>     I don't know w3m nor -I behaviour, so you'll have to check:
>
>  · What happens when there is no charset parameter in Content-Type.
>
>  · Who wins if MIME says charset A but meta-tags say charset B.
>
>     If no charset is a problem, there should be a way to correct it with
> a second entry with test. Feedback please.

I tried it in mailcap and all mail with

encoding is rendered by w3m like this:

|-- Autoview using w3m -T text/html -I 'us-ascii' -dump '/tmp/mutt.html'

you see us-ascii is made the defautl encoding. Why it didn't recognize the
meta tag?

regards,

bxuef