Re: w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312

On 11:42 Wed 27 Jul     , Alain Bench wrote:
>     I searched the manual <URL:http://w3m.sourceforge.net/MANUAL>, no
> infos on -I, -O, nor meta. What version of w3m are you using?

w3m version w3m/0.5.1 on Debian sarge. In terminal, w3m -help says:

-I charset       document charset
-O charset       display/output charset

> > the part in From: remains unaffected. How to set encoding for From: as
> > well?
>     It depends. Provide us the problem mail, copied to a temporary mbox,
> gzipped, and attached, please.
While copying or loading messages, the encoding won't get converted into that
of the system's locale?

The attachment-1 is a copy of mal-displayed message. In my muttrc, I have these
two lines:

|charset-hook ^utf-8$ utf-8
|charset-hook .* gb2312

and this attached message can't display correctly under mutt's pager.

However, if I add:

|charset-hook !utf-8 gb2312

and comment out

|charset-hook ^utf-8$ utf-8,

it can display alright but other utf8 encoded messages become garbled
(attachment-2).

Alain, you mentioned last time that two entries below can affect Subject in
Debian patched mutt and they do work well.

|unset strict_mime
|set assumed_charset="gb2312"

I guess there are other simliar magic entries which can set From:'s encoding.
I don't have that mal-formed From: message right now. It is spam anyway.

regards

bxuef

--
dhammapada says:

  There is no satisfying the senses, not even with a shower of money. "The
  senses are of slight pleasure and really suffering." When a wise man has
  realised this, he takes no pleasure, as a disciple of the Buddhas, even
  in the pleasures of heaven. Instead he takes pleasure in the elimination
  of craving. 186, 187