Re: mutt writes Fcc: even if the MTA fails to deliver

Am 2004-08-12 08:52:35, schrieb Nicolas Rachinsky:

> I'm not sure wether I understand you correctly. What does your 'which'
> refer to?
>
> a)
> No, it can't in David's above suggestion. If writing to the fcc happens
> after sending the mail, the former can fail. And no, you can't detect
> this before sending the mail, since the disk can fill up during (e.g.
> because of) sending the mail.

But if the MTA fail to deliver and it does not queue, it
sends a message back to mutt that the delivery has failed.

I think mutt must remember that it has already written a
Fcc and not to continue to write Fcc's to disk which fill
up unneccesary the Disk. I send realy often Messages from
some MBytes and some times my ISP's smtp-relays deny for
some time the sending of such big messages... So I do not
like to store a dozen of 10 MByte Messages on Disk or in
my postgresql. Please note, that I am using IMAP, which
mean, that I have unneccesary traffic too, because curently
mutt writes every time I try to send the message to the
SEND-Box on my Imap which will every time 10 MBytes for
eyample.

Oh yes, the message that a Messages can not be delivered
comes AFTER mutt has written Fcc and send the Message.

So I need to resend the Whole Message... In my example
every time 20 MBytes.

> b)
> No, if writing to the fcc fails, mutt should not (and does not) send
> the mail.

If mutt fails to write Fcc then you have much mor problems...

I think, a new mutt option which allow whether Fcc is
writen bevore send() or after it is send is neccesary to
fit the needs of all mutt $USER

> Nicolas

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi