Re: mutt writes Fcc: even if the MTA fails to deliver

* Adeodato Simó <asp16@xxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-12 00:29 +0200]:
> * Nicolas Rachinsky [Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:17:54 +0200]:
> > * David Champion <dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-11 16:04 -0500]:
> > > Personally I'd rather see fcc: not file copies unless $sendmail
> > > succeeded, but Thomas has spoken, and the issue seems settled. My only
> > > real addition to the discussion per se is that perhaps a boolean option
> > > would be suitable. The FCC code could be relocated after the $sendmail
> > > code, and conditioned to execute on success or if $fcc_anyway is set.
> > > $fcc_anyway would be set by default for compatibility. The only real
> > > cost would be yet another option, but that's not something I tend to
> > > worry about, myself.
>
> > My concern is, that mutt should only try to send the mail _after_ it's
> > sure it is stored in the fcc.
>
> > I would consider it a bug to send out a mail and not store it in the
> > fcc because, for example, the disk filling up in between.
>
>   which (just if was not clear enough) could happen for every value of
>   $fcc_anyway.

I'm not sure wether I understand you correctly. What does your 'which'
refer to?

a)
No, it can't in David's above suggestion. If writing to the fcc happens
after sending the mail, the former can fail. And no, you can't detect
this before sending the mail, since the disk can fill up during (e.g.
because of) sending the mail.

b)
No, if writing to the fcc fails, mutt should not (and does not) send
the mail.

Nicolas