Re: Subject üî

Thus spake Kyle Wheeler [09/10/07 @ 15.13.49 -0500]:
> On Monday, September 10 at 03:42 PM, quoth dv1445@xxxxxxxxx:
> > I've tried setting it to xterm-16color, 256color, and just color,
> > all with no dice.  The messed-up colors have a precedent.  When I
> > installed OSX 10.4 with Apple's X11, the colors were messed up: what
> > should be a nice, royal blue is borderline light-turquoise, etc.
>
> Ahhh, so THAT's what you mean by "messed up".
>
> I *think* this is actually a result of a change, not to xterm, but to
> it's default configuration. The easiest way to change it back to the
> way you like it is to set things explicitly in your ~/.Xdefaults file,
> like so:
>
>      xterm*color4: blue2
>
> Or like this, to be even more explicit:
>
>      xterm*color4: #0000A8
>
> The hex is ordered: red green blue (obviously)
>
> When you change it, of course, you have to run:
>
>      xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults
>
> If that doesn't fix it for you, then your xterm really is messed up.
> Once you've done that, then xterm will use that color for color4 NO
> MATTER WHAT! uxterm, xterm, hand-compiled xterms, they should all have
> exactly the same color for color4, because you've explicitly set it.

Thanks for the link and info.  I may play around with it, but I'm hesitant,
because xterm's colors are just fine *unless* I either (1) call uxterm, or (2)
call the factory xterm from Apple as opposed to the one I built myself.  If I
tweak color defs in order to get uxterm to look correct, I don't want to mess
them up for regular xterm.

-G