Re: Subject üî

Thus spake Kyle Wheeler [09/07/07 @ 08.01.34 -0500]:
> >Latin1 it is, until further bizarre things pop up.  Plus, xterm under
> >X11 does it right under Latin1, while it is screwy under UTF-8.
> >(uxterm and other things, like the -u8 option and friends, resulted
> >in messed-up colors, including no colors in vim -- a deal-breaker).
>
> Hmm... For what it's worth, I use uxterm on my Mac all the time
> without problems. The messed-up colors sound like a $TERM problem.
> When you launch uxterm, what's it set to? Mine's xterm-16color.

I've tried setting it to xterm-16color, 256color, and just color, all with no
dice.  The messed-up colors have a precedent.  When I installed OSX 10.4 with
Apple's X11, the colors were messed up: what should be a nice, royal blue is
borderline light-turquoise, etc.  These colors are perfect under OSX 10.3.  So
I built xterm myself, with 256 support, and put it into /usr/local/bin.  This
custom xterm has all the correct colors, even when I don't tell it to use all
256 colors.  But 'uxterm' calls the custom xterm, and suddenly the bad colors
reappear.  It won't pass any colors at all to vim, to top it all off.

-G