Re: Subject üî

 On Wednesday, September 5, 2007 at 11:32:03 -0400, dv1445@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thus spake Alain Bench [09/05/07 @ 00.01.21 +0200]:
>> I dropped the replacements, and just kept the "uia" in subject
> I'm in console vim composing the reply, and the subject line
> characters are rendered properly, i.e., without the flanking
> weirdness.

    And the "ui" arrived here cleanly. This may mean the replacements
were inserted when you entered the "uia". Where? At Mutt's subject
prompt? Or in Vim in $edit_headers? Typed, or Pasted?

    Note that my own "uia" subject had been truncated by the mailing
list: Majordomo (or something there) seems to dislike accents in
subjects, which is an annoyance for such tests, and makes the French
mutt-users-fr list ugly looking.

> The thread arrows are drawn correctly except that they have spaces
> between them, like a dashed line. I'll maybe mess with nsterm later.

    So that's not a TERM problem: I've already seen screen copies of
Terminal.app with such small interruptions in lines, especially vertical
ones. Could it be a font, or font size related problem?

> the arrows look fine in Latin1

    The method used by Mutt to display thread trees is (necessarilly)
different between UTF-8 mode, and all other charsets. However on other
terminals both methods are more or less expected to look the same.

> so maybe I'll stick with that

    Good. After all, the day you want to read Korean, you know you just
have to fire an UTF-8 terminal and export LANG accordingly. Mutt and all
other apps correctly configured (ie. not hardcoding any given charset)
should just work.

> Thanks so much,

    You're most welcome, man.

Bye!    Alain.
--
Mutt muttrc tip to send mails in best adapted first necessary and sufficient
charset (version for Western Latin-1/Latin-9/CP-850/CP-1252 terminal users):