Re: How to assign a permanent address in the Bcc: field?

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 04:31:42PM +1000, Pete Johns wrote:

> Ah okay. It' just that it confuses mutt as to what time the email
> was sent, when displaying messages in date-order.

I see your point... I'll look into it and see what I can do.

> Hey-ho! It was just an idea.

I totally appreciate all of your feedback (even that which I
can't use at this moment). I'm saving this thread for future
reference.

> I don't see why you would not be able to alter the value of your
> sendmail setting from the 'compose' menu. You could do this with
> a set of macros.

You are right on, that's the way to do it. I was just excited at
the alternative of playing with a shell within the editor,
forgetting I should keep the subject focused on mutt here.

> Vim, frankly, rocks. I use it for just about everything I can
> (email, html, php, C++, scripts, file manipulation,  general text
> editing, etc...). I can only suggest that you install it and see
> ff it meets your requirements. Like Mutt-Users, the Vim mailing
> list is a mine of useful information.

I've taken you up on this and installed vim (just the executable
vim plu xxd = about 1MB all together). So far it responds exactly
as vi. I'll have look farther and see for myself how much it
improves within my limited range of usage.

> You may find that you get more helpful responses if your
> questions are in emails with appropriate subject lines.
>
> In the meantime, I have to go, I hope this helps.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

C. Byspel