Re: How to assign a permanent address in the Bcc: field?

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 19:36:46 +0000, Byspel sent:
>Thank you. It does exactly what I wanted, and you made my
>day.

I'm very happy to help.

>The only downside is that the descriptive line for each
>macro, which could be previously viewed at the bottom of the
>screen when pressing the macro key, now no longer shows.

The example that you provided did not include the <enter>
keystroke in the macro, so the command was left on the
command-line until you executed it with <enter>. Is this what you
mean?

>However, if there is nothing that can be done to bring it back,
>it's something I can live with.

I'm afraid that I don't know any way to display a hint in the
command-line. However, if you append "Some descriptive text" to
the macro definition, that text will be displayed in the help
screen.

>I'm new to mutt - I have been using it for about two weeks, and
>I love it!

He he! I have been using Mutt for more years than I care to
recall and am *still* learning. This list is a great source of
knowledge.

>I'd appreciate it if you could let me know where I could
>have located the information you supplied myself.

Section 3.6. Keyboard macros in the user manual supplies most of
the information you need.

Hope this helps;

--paj

--