Re: How to assign a permanent address in the Bcc: field?

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 21:02:48 +0000, Byspel sent:
-------------------------------^^^^^
Are you sure this is the correct time?

>On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 01:14:46PM +1000, Pete Johns wrote:
>>The example that you provided did not include the <enter>
>>keystroke in the macro, so the command was left on the
>>command-line until you executed it with <enter>. Is this what
>>you mean?
>That's exactly what I meant. And thanks to your pointing me to
>it, I've fixed it already by leaving out the second (last)
><enter> from each macro sequence. That produces the Bcc: to
>appear on the command line, which is enough hint for me as to
>which account is now "active."  So now everything is
>P-E-R-F-E-C-T, just the way I wanted it.

Actually, this may be a better solution:

macro generic "<esc>1" "<enter-command>set from=x2@xxxxxx hostname=y2.net
realname=name<enter><enter-command>my_hdr Bcc: x1@xxxxxx<enter>set
hostname<enter>" "Set account to y1.net"

This will echo "hostname=y2.net" to the message-line without you
having to press enter.

>>He he! I have been using Mutt for more years than I care to
>>recall and am *still* learning. This list is a great source of
>>knowledge.
>I'm glad to have found it, and very glad to be here...

Stay tuned for more Happy Days!

Best;

--paj
--