Re: mutt writes Fcc: even if the MTA fails to deliver

Am 2004-08-13 00:57:24, schrieb David T-G:
> Michelle, et al --
>
> Please excuse me for comign in late.  I have one question which may
> clarify matters...

:-)

> When you resend a message, how do you do it?  Is it a simple bounce or
> a true new mailing?  If it is a new mailing, with a new envelope and a
> fresh Message-ID:, then it makes sense for mutt to write a fresh copy,
> whereas if it's just a bounce to reinject then mutt already doesn't write
> another copy.

No, it is the same...

If I send a message and the ISP's smtprelay is busy, I get a messge
in mutt, that it can not delver and a Error Message from the MTA.

I type "q" to get out of this view and hit "y" to try the sending
again. If it fails I get the same screen as before.

Now if I postpone the message or it is delivered, I go into the SEND
folder, I see oll Fcc line by line. Because in Threated Index mutt
sort by Message-ID and the have all a "=" at the begining.

I have viewed it in the Editor and the singel difference is the
"Date: " Header.

> OK, a second question (giving me a bit of leeway counting the first two
> questions as really part of the same one), then.  If you send a fresh
> copy instead of bouncing to reinject, why not switch to reinjecting?

Because if I leave the Error Message i can not bounce because I am back
in the Send-Menu.

And second I can't cancel the messages because it is already saved and
goes into the postpone folder and each time I write a new message, it
ask me whether I like to sand a postponed message or not (I need this
feature).

Then I must open my SEND folder and bounce the message...
I think, this is unneccesary work.

> HTH & HAND
>
> :-D

Greetings and nice weekend
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi