Re: mutt writes Fcc: even if the MTA fails to deliver

Am 2004-08-12 12:39:22, schrieb Nicolas Rachinsky:

> Obviously I wasn't as aclear as intended. The problem exists in the
> case the sending of the mail is successful, but mutt cannot write to
> the fcc.
>
> -user presses <send>
> -mutt starts sendmail, which successfully takes and delivers the message
>  e.g. ssmtp hands it over to the smarthost
> -<disk fills up>
> -mutt cannot write to fcc
>
> And now you have sent a message _without_ having a local copy.

Then you have realy much more problems as sending Messages...
Never I have had a Disk-Full.

/var/log is on an other partition...

...and /home on a FileServer which send me a message if I have less
then 10% free disk space (90 GByte). AND if I have less then 5 GByte
of disk space maybe I run into trouble...

...because I need 5 GBytes per month.

> And IMO this must not happen, if it can be avoided.

For me, this Option is inacteptabel.

> Perhaps it should deny such mails all the time.

You do not live in France :-)
...where the ISP's are crazy and braindamaged !

> > > b)
> > > No, if writing to the fcc fails, mutt should not (and does not) send
> > > the mail.

And you need to send an urgent Message...  :-/

> > If mutt fails to write Fcc then you have much mor problems...
>
> Not in all cases.

Why ?  -  Mutt fails only too write, if your disk is full.

This is not a problem of mutt, but of the $USER

> > I think, a new mutt option which allow whether Fcc is
> > writen bevore send() or after it is send is neccesary to
> > fit the needs of all mutt $USER
>
> Show us your patch. That would be something I could live with.

As David (???) told already, the curent behaviour may be the default,
so there are no changes for you. But I CAN "set" the Option and $USER
like me are satisfait too.

> Nicolas

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi