Re: How to send a return receipt

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 12:58:52PM +0200, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 01:14:07PM -0600, Joseph wrote:
> > 8.12: How to send an auto-reply back when someone posts?
>
> thanks for that hint, but actually a auto-reply is not appropriate. I need
> something to actually confirm, because someone might already have sent it out.
> In another part of the thread I were pointed out to some mutt docs with
> sending
> files, so eventually that and a macro would be a solution. I will check this
> out, as long as it is not sure if the MDN patch will every make it into mutt.

I don't follow this "because someone might already have sent it out"
bit.

Surely if a mail is sent to (say) ten recipients it's pretty useless
to know that it got to just one of them.  If all ten recipients had
MUAs that understood the receipt request thing wouldn't they all
acknowledge?  If not then it's an even more un-useful facility than
would at first appear.

--
Chris Green