Re: How to send a return receipt

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 01:37:13PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> Surely if a mail is sent to (say) ten recipients it's pretty useless
> to know that it got to just one of them.  If all ten recipients had

Eh.. no?! If you send it to 10 different recipients, with each representing a
different role, then you are right. But if you have one address for several
people then it is somewhat obvious, that each person is the representative of a
role that only needs to acknowledge the receival of the mail _once_.
Believe me: If every (currently 3) people that read the mail would acknowledge
that our customer would sureley not feel this funny.

> MUAs that understood the receipt request thing wouldn't they all
> acknowledge?  If not then it's an even more un-useful facility than

No, they don't, because they ask the recipient in *every* case. That is like
the postman that asks you to confirm the sending of a letter. Its only
different in that he does not deliver the mail if you don't confirm the sending
of a letter.

Regards,
Patrick