[Mutt] #3067: PGP/MIME signatures incorrectly assigned "Content-Disposition: inline"

#3067: PGP/MIME signatures incorrectly assigned "Content-Disposition: inline"

 I believe that mutt is incorrectly assigning the Content-Disposition of
 PGP/MIME signature attachments as "inline".  This causes some MUAs (eg.
 gmail) to feel the need to display the attached signature inline, instead
 of as an attachment.  I believe that the Content-Disposition should
 instead be set to "attachment", since that is in fact what it is.

 I notice, though, that the Content-Disposition is specifically hard coded
 in the mutt pgp.c source to be "DISPINLINE" instead of "DISPATTACH".  I
 wonder why this is, since it appears to be a deliberate choice.  This
 seems wrong to me, but I would be curious to hear a justification.

 The patch is very very simple.  It involves changing
 [source:pgp.c@5410:73a180edce53#L1111] from:
 {{{
   t->disposition = DISPINLINE;
 }}}
 {{{
   t->disposition = DISPATTACH;
 }}}
 I applied this patch to the Debian Lenny version 1.5.17 of mutt and it
 worked perfectly.  I haven't checked it with the current head of your
 repo, but I have no reason to suspect it wouldn't work.

 If there is reasonable justification for keeping the default to be
 DISPINLINE, then maybe we could make a patch where the value of the
 Content-Disposition is set by a mutt variable, herefore allowing users to
 easily change it if need be.  I think that it should we set DISPATTACH,
 though, as PGP/MIME signatures should be attachments, not inline.

 Thanks for maintaining such a great MUA.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3067>