Re: [Mutt] #3067: PGP/MIME signatures incorrectly assigned

#3067: PGP/MIME signatures incorrectly assigned "Content-Disposition: inline"

Comment (by Thomas Roessler):

 {{{
 >> The notion that the PGP/MIME signature is "supposed to be an
 >> attachment", and that that somehow influences the choice of
 >> value for Content-Disposition is bogus:

 >  That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the explanation. Given the
 >  lack of clarity in the spec,

 Please do not confuse "lack of clarity" with "it doesn't matter".
 In this case, it simply doesn't matter.

 > what do you think of leaving the Content-Disposition header out
 > entirely?

 As I said, I don't see a big downside, but suspect that the code for
 that was put in for some reason that related to compatibility with
 some other MUA's behavior.

 >> A config-controlled option for this would be ridiculous, sorry.

 >  I don't understand why that would be ridiculous. Can you explain
 >  or point me to documentation that might help me understand that?
 >  Thanks.

 If anybody is supposed to understand what's going on with that
 parameter, it's us.  Given that we're evidently confused about the
 reason for the current setting, it strikes me as silly to expect
 users of the software to have a better clue about that choice.

 If you want to change it for your own install, feel free to comment
 it out in the source.  But I don't think there's value to having an
 additional option for it in the main distribution.

 Cheers,
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3067#comment:>