Re: [Mutt] #3067: PGP/MIME signatures incorrectly assigned

#3067: PGP/MIME signatures incorrectly assigned "Content-Disposition: inline"

Changes (by brendan):

  * type:  defect => enhancement
  * component:  mutt => crypto

Comment:

 I'm not sure I agree that the disposition should be attachment. Although
 the RFC doesn't specify one way or the other, t->disposition was set to
 inline by the author of mutt and the PGP/MIME RFC in [c4f80a425496], 8
 years ago. Since the content-type is correct, enlightened mailers can do
 the right thing, and unenlightened mailers can display the signature
 instead of a somewhat meaningless attachment.

 Personally I think it's too close to 1.6 to make this kind of change, but
 I'll keep the bug open for discussion. Hopefully others will chime in.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3067#comment:1>