Re: [issue] mailbox is not saved upon signal recv (esp. SIGHUP)

On 2005-01-27, Dickon Hood <dickon-ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 14:38:58 -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
> : On 2005-01-27, Dickon Hood <dickon-ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> : > That makes screen(1) difficult, when it's expecting an 80x48 terminal.
>
> : That's odd.  I have no problem resizing screen or mutt in
> : different-sized terminals.  I just tried some experiments
> : reattaching to a screen session from different-sized xterms and
> : resizing them as well.  No problem.  I'm using
>
> :     Screen version 3.09.11 (FAU) 14-Feb-02
> :     Mutt 1.5.5.1i (2003-11-05)
> :     xterm:  XFree86 4.1.0(165)
> :     OS:  HP-UX 10.20
>
> Try this: run a new screen session in an 80x48 xterm, and start mutt in
> it.  Start an 80x24 xterm, and screen -x that new screen.  Now try using
> the mutt you've just started, with both screen sessions displaying the one
> mutt.  If the screen session is attached and displaying in a terminal
> somewhere, resizing windows doesn't work quite as you'd expect IME.

Ah, I see.  That is a different problem.  I was only trying 'screen
-d -r' in the new xterm.  Thanks for clarifying that.

I had never tried 'screen -x' before.  That is really cool!  As long
as all terminal windows share a common size, that is.

> : I've also resized my screen sessions while running PuTTY from home
> : without any apparent problems.
>
> Different problem.  Resizing terminals running screen works fine, and
> making them bigger works very well indeed.  Making them smaller, OTOH, has
> some interesting problems.

The only problem I have seen when making them smaller is that lines
are folded oddly until I type Ctrl-L.  Are you seeing other
problems?

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division