Re: [issue] mailbox is not saved upon signal recv (esp. SIGHUP)

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 14:38:58 -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
: On 2005-01-27, Dickon Hood <dickon-ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

: > That makes screen(1) difficult, when it's expecting an 80x48 terminal.

: That's odd.  I have no problem resizing screen or mutt in
: different-sized terminals.  I just tried some experiments
: reattaching to a screen session from different-sized xterms and
: resizing them as well.  No problem.  I'm using

:     Screen version 3.09.11 (FAU) 14-Feb-02
:     Mutt 1.5.5.1i (2003-11-05)
:     xterm:  XFree86 4.1.0(165)
:     OS:  HP-UX 10.20

Try this: run a new screen session in an 80x48 xterm, and start mutt in
it.  Start an 80x24 xterm, and screen -x that new screen.  Now try using
the mutt you've just started, with both screen sessions displaying the one
mutt.  If the screen session is attached and displaying in a terminal
somewhere, resizing windows doesn't work quite as you'd expect IME.

desk10:/home/dickonh/ 1238$ screen --version
Screen version 3.09.09 (FAU) 25-May-01
desk10:/home/dickonh/ 1239$ uname -a
SunOS desk10 5.9 Generic_112233-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

Variety of xterms (Solaris 9, recent Debian, etc.).

: I've also resized my screen sessions while running PuTTY from home
: without any apparent problems.

Different problem.  Resizing terminals running screen works fine, and
making them bigger works very well indeed.  Making them smaller, OTOH, has
some interesting problems.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to constant nagging to change it, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.