Re: [issue] mailbox is not saved upon signal recv (esp. SIGHUP)

On 2005-01-27, Dickon Hood <dickon-ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 13:44:46 -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:

> : You could solve that problem as well by using screen.  You can start
> : mutt running in a screen session on the server from one place, then
> : when you log in from someplace else, simply detach that screen
> : session from its original client and reattach it to the new one.
>
> Or just -x it, and use the same thing.  I do this rather a lot (work
> desktop, home desktop, various laptops, with ssh sessions and whatnot),
> but it isn't quite the panacea you'd hope.
>
> At work, I have to deal with a large amount of mail, so I use an xterm
> that's 80x48 to give me more lines to play with than usual.  I also have a
> Nokia 9210 (and colleagues have the newer 9500) which runs Putty quite
> nicely in 80x24.
>
> That makes screen(1) difficult, when it's expecting an 80x48 terminal.

That's odd.  I have no problem resizing screen or mutt in
different-sized terminals.  I just tried some experiments
reattaching to a screen session from different-sized xterms and
resizing them as well.  No problem.  I'm using

    Screen version 3.09.11 (FAU) 14-Feb-02
    Mutt 1.5.5.1i (2003-11-05)
    xterm:  XFree86 4.1.0(165)
    OS:  HP-UX 10.20

I've also resized my screen sessions while running PuTTY from home
without any apparent problems.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division