Re: [issue] mailbox is not saved upon signal recv (esp. SIGHUP)

* On 2005.01.27, in <20050127183026.GG8391@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Tomas Telensky" <tomas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I actually think mutt shall allow to save the mailbox upon signal exiting,
> especially for SIGHUP. There could be a configuration option for it.

I'm not sure about this as a required behavior, and others have spoken
against it in the past. Generally they vehemently recommend using
"screen". However...

> Or, there could be a setting which function which could be called upon
> exiting, and the user could set "sync-mailbox" fuction for it. (Don't know

... I do like the idea of an exit-hook (or quit-hook, if you prefer),
and coding mutt to call exit-hook on SIGHUP seems fair to me. It would
also be an easy configuration option to make this behavior optional.
It's a way to provide this feature with existing tools.

> whether mutt allows to group functions together into custom functions, in
> that case it would be useful).

Macros?

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                  NSIT::ENSS