Re: national chars - libiconv not used?

 On Friday, July 7, 2006 at 8:16:32 +0200, Michal Hajek wrote:

> isprint(167) = 128
> iswprint(167) = 128
> mbrtowc returns 1, and converted char 0xA7 to wc U+00A7

    OK: I Googled HP manpages and such: It's not failing, but working as
designed. The HP-UX 11 wide character type is explicitly stated as not
being Unicode, but some locale dependant value. And as those 80-9F
characters are all recognised printable, why the hell does Mutt require
+LOCALES_HACK and the additional patch, and why does Ncurses show "~A"
as if they were control chars? I'm dry. For the moment.

    I also Googled the roman8 CODESET problem: Nothing. I mean nobody
reports such problem, to the contrary many examples show good behaviour.
Now, manpages say that HP locales are architecture specific: PA-RISC,
Itanium, 6502, 32 bits, 64 bits... And locale/localedef commands have
options to list/create only an arch locale, and files have arch
directories. Perhaps could you dig that? Also found a list of
preinstalled locales: cs_CZ.IBM-852 is not listed. How was it created?

| $ localedef -f IBM852 -i cs_CZ  /tmp/cs_CZ.IBM-852
| value of field `int_curr_symbol' in category `LC_MONETARY' does not
correspond to a valid name in ISO 4217
| no output file produced because warning were issued

    Woops! ;-)

| $ LC_ALL=cs_CZ locale int_curr_symbol
| CZK

Bye!    Alain.
--
set honor_followup_to=yes in muttrc is the default value, and makes your
list replies go where the original author wanted them to go: Only to the