Re: national chars - libiconv not used?

 On Monday, June 19, 2006 at 8:04:57 +0200, Michal Hajek wrote:

> [Latin-2] picture attached.

    Good news! That's a (mostly) correct Latin-2 table. Which probably
means that HP iconv functions are at work, and work well. Main problem
remains with ~A and such for those chars that are converted to 80-9F.
And the non-break space looks like "a" instead of " ": Font? HP iconv
specificity? What is the output of printf "'\xFF'" at shell?

> Alain Bench wrote:
>> ("~A" for char 0x81) and such are a signature of Ncurses

    What exact version of Ncurses 5.5 do you use (tic -V)? I vaguely
recall something (fixed bug? build option? env var?) to force 80-9F
printability against a broken CP-852 locale. Vaguely. Thomas: Help! ;-)

>> broken locale... :-( Back to questions in my previous mail
> OK, I'll try to anwer it again.

    Confusion, sorry: I was talking about my still unanswered mail from
Thursday 15. I bounce it to you in case you missed it.

>>> Bad IDN 'mutt.org' in alias 'mutt-dev'
> This error is not shown anymore. This was matter of "old" libiconv, I
> believe.

    In the context, the exact cause of this error is: Mutt's $charset is
not known by the libiconv called by libidn. So the solution was perhaps
the libiconv recompilation with --enable-extra-encodings (necessary for
CP-852).

> checklocale returns no error

    Does it print for 80-9F: Two lines full of "#", or real chars?

Bye!    Alain.