Re: national chars - libiconv not used?

I made some progress.
libiconv is hidden in libidn - chatr on libidn shows libiconv.
I downloaded libiconv source, compiled it with extra encodings, installed it and tried various mutt configure options. There can be seen my best result in attached picture.
It is with mutt compile options:
-DOMAIN
+DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  +USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK   -USE_INODESORT
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  -USE_SSL  -USE_GNUTLS  -USE_SASL
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_PGP  +CRYPT_BACKEND_CLASSIC_SMIME  -CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME
-BUFFY_SIZE +EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS +LOCALES_HACK -HAVE_WC_FUNCS +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET +HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR +HAVE_ICONV -ICONV_NONTRANS +HAVE_LIBIDN +HAVE_GETSID +HAVE_GETADDRINFO -USE_HCACHE
-ISPELL

and patched protos.h (by hand).

But as you can seen, chars between 0x80 and 0xa0 are not good. (But no octals, hosana!)

It seems something still needs to be patched..
Any idea?

Thanks,
             Michal

PNG image