Re: national chars - libiconv not used?

 On Friday, June 16, 2006 at 14:17:27 +0200, Michal Hajek wrote:

> libiconv is hidden in libidn - chatr on libidn shows libiconv.

    Mutt calls libidn. Libidn indeed calls libiconv. But Mutt also has
to call directly libiconv for its own needs. Chatr should show libiconv
referenced on both... Here on Linux ldd does.

> tried various mutt configure options.
>| -HAVE_WC_FUNCS

    If I follow correctly, you added --without-wc-funcs, right? I seem
to recall you needed it in HP-UX 10.20.

> result in attached picture.

    In the A0-FF zone that's a correct CP-852 table. Unfortunately a
CP-852 table displayed on a CP-852 terminal doesn't say nothing about
iconv health. Better try the Latin-2 table.

> chars between 0x80 and [0x9F] are not good.

    Things like tilde letters ("~A" for char 0x81) and such are a
signature of Ncurses most probably related with a broken locale... :-(
Back to questions in my previous mail, I guess.

Bye!    Alain.
--
set honor_followup_to=yes in muttrc is the default value, and makes your
list replies go where the original author wanted them to go: Only to the