Re: Change From Automagically?

* Adeodato Simó (asp16@xxxxxxxxx) [040809 19:07]:
> * Christian Holtje [Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:43:04 -0500]:
>
> > So is it not possible to do what I want via mutt?  I thought I had
> > something like this working at one time, but it isn't anymore.
>
> > All my disposable email addresses go to folders based on the
> > address.  Like list.mutt-users@... goes to =list/mutt-users
> > Can I do something like:
> > folder-hook . my_hdr From: ...defalut...
> > folder-hook =(list|com|org|net|info)/(.*) my_hdr From: $1.$2@...
>
> > That would work for me.
>
>   I recommend you to write a script that finds mailboxes for which you
>   want folder-hooks and prints to stdout them. Then you source the
>   result from your ~/.muttrc.
>
>   I have a similar script that outputs subscribe, mailboxes, alias and
>   save-hooks commands for all my lists and I'm quite happy with it.

This is what I just did.  I already had a script that traveled
through my mailing lists looking for subscribed folders and such and
built the 'lists' and 'mailboxes' settings already.  I just added in
a folder-hook thingy to do it.

Still, it seems awfully inelegant.  Oh, well....

Ciao!

--
** Ridiculous Quotes **
"I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we

The Doctor What: Guru to the Gods                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat *at* gerf *dot* org                                        KF6VNC

Checked by Debian GNU/Linux (http://www.debian.org).
Version: 3.0  / 9692 out of 12244 packages installed