Re: Change From Automagically?

* Christian Holtje [Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:43:04 -0500]:

> So is it not possible to do what I want via mutt?  I thought I had
> something like this working at one time, but it isn't anymore.

> All my disposable email addresses go to folders based on the
> address.  Like list.mutt-users@... goes to =list/mutt-users
> Can I do something like:
> folder-hook . my_hdr From: ...defalut...
> folder-hook =(list|com|org|net|info)/(.*) my_hdr From: $1.$2@...

> That would work for me.

  I recommend you to write a script that finds mailboxes for which you
  want folder-hooks and prints to stdout them. Then you source the
  result from your ~/.muttrc.

  I have a similar script that outputs subscribe, mailboxes, alias and
  save-hooks commands for all my lists and I'm quite happy with it.

  hth,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

A dream is an answer to a question that we don't know how to ask.