Re: mime_lookup

On 2004-06-04, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2004-06-04, Patrick Shanahan <WideGlide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > * Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-04-04 12:59]:
> > >
> > >   When you add an attachment to your mail message, Mutt searches your
> > >   personal mime.types file at ${HOME}/.mime.types, and then the system
> > >   mime.types file at /usr/local/share/mutt/mime.types or /etc/mime.types
> > >
> > > so the fact that it didn't seem to see my ~/.mime.types file appears
> > > to be a bug, or something in my configuration I don't understand.
> >
> > Look at 'MIME Autoview' in the fine manual.
>
> That part of the manual didn't have anything to say about any
> mime.types files, so I still don't know what the problem there is.

Found it.  My bad.  I didn't notice (or remember) that my
~/.mime.types file was a symbolic link to a system mime.types file,
so when I thought I edited it to add "log" as an extension of type
"text/plain", the write operation of my editor failed and I didn't
notice that, either.  In too much of a hurry, I guess.

I just changed my ~/.mime.types file to be a copy of that system
file instead, edited it to add the "log" extension, and verified
that mutt finds the "log" extension there just as well as it did in
my /home/garyjohn/src/mutt-1.5.5.1i/etc/mime.types file.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division